Feds won’t target marijuana patients
Since Eric Holder recently announced that the Justice Department will not be targeting marijuana patients there has been hundreds of articles popping up, even in main stream media.
WASHINGTON – Pot-smoking patients or their sanctioned suppliers should not be targeted for federal prosecution in states that allow medical marijuana, prosecutors were told Monday in a new policy memo issued by the Justice Department.
Which is great news for states like Arizona which are currently considering new medical marijuana legislation.
“Right now, Arizona patients battling cancer, AIDS, and other life-threatening diseases face prison for trying to relieve their pain. By passing this initiative, we can stop this cruel and unnecessary policy.
What would Arizona’s medical marijuana initiative do?
* Allow terminally and seriously ill patients who find relief from marijuana to use it with their doctors’ approval.
* Protect these seriously ill patients from arrest and prosecution for the simple act of taking their doctor-recommended medicine.
* Permit qualifying patients or their caregivers to legally purchase their medicine from tightly regulated clinics, as they would any other medicine — so they need not purchase it from the criminal market.
* Permit qualifying patients or their caregivers to cultivate their own marijuana for medical use if a regulated medical marijuana clinic is not located within 25 miles of the qualifying patient.
* Create registry identification cards, so that law enforcement officials could easily tell who was a registered patient, and establish penalties for false statements and fraudulent ID cards.
* Allow patients and their caregivers who are arrested to discuss their medical use in court.
* Keep commonsense restrictions on the medical use of marijuana, including prohibitions on public use of marijuana and driving under the influence of marijuana.
Read the full text of the initiative.”
This change in policy has been long awaited by millions in the USA. This measure by the Justice Department could potentially do two things for our country. #1 It could restore our country back to fundamental principle of “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness” and it could also save our country from further financial collapse.
Ride strong tokers!